I have configured a custom domain, and the records are verified successfully. However, I'm still unable to access the app on my configured subdomain. What should I do?

When configuring a custom domain, it’s important to note that it applies to client-facing pages, magic links, and emails only. The backend application remains accessible at app.heybase.io.

For example, you can set up subdomain.yourdomain.com for magic links, and yourdomain.com will automatically be configured as your email domain.

To verify if your domain is correctly configured, you can create a room and share it with a guest. Clicking on the “copy link” button in the share room pop-up will generate a magic link branded with your configured custom domain. This can help you confirm whether the domain setup is functioning as expected.

How to set up subdomain.yourdomain.com for magic links? I’ve verified my sub-domain.

I need to share a public url, but I can only choose heybase orginial one but not my subdomain.

@comedymax once domain is verified it will automatically use your domain for generating new links.

@comedymax I have checked your domain is now verified :white_check_mark:

Is the sub-domain only for links or can we go to our subdomain rather than app.heybase.io to login? I did try to go to our subdomain but I get a message “Room not available”. My domain has been verified (docs.huesagency.com)

I see your note at the start of this thread that the backend is only accessible by using app.heybase.io. However, I don’t see any way to generate a link using the sub-domain. Where can I get doco on this process please?

Hey @diyb.ca, When you share the room with the guest - the shareable magic-link will be automatically generated with your configured and verified custom domain.

Thanks

Thanks for the clarification / explanation.